The Delhi Police has issued an advisory amid preparations for the Republic Day parade on January 26 in Delhi. In the advisory, information has also been given about the closure of some roads and the impact of the metro. Delhi Traffic Police has advised commuters going to railway stations, ISBTs and airport to leave enough time on these routes. The Republic Day parade will start from Vijay Chowk in Delhi on January 26 and this parade will reach Red Fort via Kartavya Path-India Gate-Princess Place Gol Chakkar-Tilak Marg, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg-Delhi Gate-Netaji Subhash Marg.
It has been told in the advisory of Delhi Police that the movement of buses will be closed from 4 am onwards on Kartavya Path-India Gate-Princess Place Gol Chakkar-Tilak Marg, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg-Delhi Gate-Netaji Subhash Marg. As per the instructions of Delhi Traffic Police, Delhi Transport Corporation has made alternative arrangements for smooth operation of buses. Under this, vehicles in Vijay Path, Vijay Chowk, Kartavya Path, India Gate, Tilak Bridge area will be diverted to other routes from 4 am. At the same time, 13 routes of DTC buses have been changed.
These routes will be diverted
- North-South Corridor: Ring Road-Ashram Chowk-Sarai Kale Khan-IP Flyover-Raj Ghat-Ring Road. Alternatively, commuters can go to Madrasa, Lodhi Road T-Point to Aurobindo Marg, AIIMS Chowk, Ring Road-Dhaula Kuan Vande Mataram Marg, Shankar Road-Park Street or Mandir Marg.
- East-West Corridor: Ring Road-Bhairon Road-Mathura Road-Subramaniam Bharti Marg-Rajesh Pilot Marg-Prithvi Raj Road-Safdarjung Road-Kamal Ataturk Marg-Panchsheel Marg-Simo Bolivar Marg-Upper Ridge Road/Vande Mataram Marg.
- Commuters traveling from South Delhi towards New Delhi Railway Station can take Dhaula Kuan, Vande Mataram Marg, Panchkuian Road, Connaught Place Outer Circle, Chelmsford Road towards Paharganj or Minto Road and Bhavabhuti Marg towards Ajmeri Gate.
- People coming from East Delhi can reach New Delhi Railway Station via Boulevard Road via ISBT Bridge, Rani Jhansi Flyover, Jhandewalan Golchakkar, DB Gupta Road, Sheela Cinema Road, Paharganj Bridge.
- People can take Ring Road, Ashram Chowk, Sarai Kale Khan, Raj Ghat, Yamuna Bazar Chowk, SP Mukherjee Marg, Chatta Rail and Kauria Bridge to reach Old Delhi Railway Station from South Delhi.
- The advisory further states that para-jumping by para-gliders, para-motors, hang gliders, UAVs, UAS, microlight aircraft, hot air balloons, small powered aircraft, quadcopters or aircraft is prohibited in Delhi till February 15.
In view of @republicday2023 Celebrations, certain traffic restrictions will be in effect in Delhi.
— Delhi Traffic Police (@dtptraffic) January 25, 2023
Metro will have this effect
Metro service will be available for passengers on Republic Day. Will be available for passengers at all metro stations. However, boarding/de-boarding at Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhavan metro stations will be allowed only for invitees or ticket holders from 5 am to 2 pm. At the same time, DMRC has told that from 6 am on January 25 to 2 pm on January 26, parking of metro stations will remain closed due to security arrangements on Republic Day. DMRC has said that those who go to the duty path on January 26 to be a part of the celebration, they will get a chance to ride free in the metro.
It has been said in the advisory that park your vehicles only at designated places and avoid roadside parking. If any unusual/unknown object or person is seen under suspicious circumstances, it should be reported to the police.