Solah Shringar, Bindi Dharmik and Scientific Significance: Many traditions and beliefs are associated with Hinduism, one of these is the Solah Shringar of married women. In the scriptures, sixteen adornments of married women have been told, which have religious significance. Also its scientific aspects are also attached.
Generally married women definitely include vermilion, bangles, bindi, mangalsutra, anklets and nettles in their makeup. These things related to makeup are special for women and they are considered a symbol of Suhaag.
Religious Significance of Bindi
Bindi means drop or ear. Bindi is known by many other names like Bindiya, Kumkum, Tip, Tikli and Bottu. In Hinduism, married women wear colorful bindis. Whereas the red colored bindi is related to Goddess Lakshmi. Even in astrology, red color has been considered as the factor of Mars. That’s why there is happiness in the life of married women who apply red bindi. But black colored bindi is considered inauspicious for married women. Women apply bindi in the middle of both the eyebrows. This is the sixth chakra of the body, which is called commandment chakra, brow chakra or third eye. The description of all these chakras is also found in the Vedas. Wearing a bindi develops powers that enhance inner knowledge.
Benefits and scientific facts of applying bindi
- The pineal gland is located in the center of the forehead. Due to pressure while applying bindi, this gland works fast. This calms the mind and increases concentration in work. Also it reduces anger and stress.
- There is a specific point on the forehead where bindi is applied. According to acupressure principles this point gives relief from headache. By applying Bindi here, the nerves and blood vessels converge.
- According to Shirodhara method, applying pressure on this Bindi spot on the forehead cures insomnia.
- The place where When bindi is applied, the nerve related to ear also passes through that place, due to pressure on which the ability to hear increases.
- The problem like sinus is also benefited by applying bindi. Because this point has a direct connection with the nasal passage. It is easy to release mucus when there is pressure while applying bindi.