Basant Panchami 2023, Goddess Saraswati Special Things: Every year, the day of Panchami Tithi of Shukla Paksha of Magha month is celebrated as Saraswati Puja. Especially this day is the birth anniversary of Goddess Saraswati.
This year the festival of Saraswati Puja or Basant Panchami is on Thursday 26 January 2023. On this day Vagvadini, Sharda, Shatrupa, Veenapani, Vageshwari, Bharti, Buddhipradayini Devi Saraswati will be worshiped in homes, temples, puja pandals and schools and colleges. Goddess Saraswati has also been called Shukla Varna, White Vastra Dharini, Veenavadanatpara and White Padmasana. All the names of Maa Saraswati, all these have been received by her from her own form and characteristics.
How is the form of Goddess Saraswati
Goddess Saraswati has one face and four hands. Maa is holding Veena in one hand, garland in one hand, book in one hand and blessing in one hand. The goddess sits on a lotus wearing white clothes. His vehicle is swan. That’s why they are also called Hanswahini. It is important to worship Goddess Saraswati first in any educational work.
5 characteristics of Goddess Saraswati according to religious texts
- Vishnudharmottara Purana describes Goddess Saraswati as Vagdevi with four arms and ornaments.
- According to the Brahmin texts, Goddess Saraswati is the representative of Brahmasvarupa, Kamdhenu and all the gods. It is by her grace that all the creatures of the world get Buddha and knowledge.
- In Skanda Purana, it has been told about the characteristics of the form of Goddess Saraswati that, she is decorated on a lotus seat, with hair on her forehead. The crescent moon is worn.
- It is a religious belief that Goddess Saraswati resides on the human tongue in an invisible and very subtle form. It is said that when Goddess Saraswati resides on the tongue, the words spoken during that time become true.
- As her vehicle is a swan, she is also known as Hansvahini. However, at some places Goddess Saraswati is shown riding a peacock.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on beliefs and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not confirm any kind of recognition, information. Please seek relevant expert advice before acting on any information or assumptions.