Matar Nimona: Winter is the season to eat great food. Many such vegetables come in this season which are wonderful in both taste and health. And it would be better to consume more and more green vegetables in the winter season, because they contain a good amount of iron and many such nutrients are found in them, which help in maintaining your immunity in winter and also in improving digestion. One of these vegetables is green peas, which you must have eaten many dishes, today we are going to tell you a famous dish of it, which is widely eaten in Lucknow and Kanpur. Its name is Matar Nimona..This dish is enjoyed with both rice and roti..Know its recipe.
- peas 250 gm
- onion 3 to 4
- tomato 3 to 4
- garlic ginger paste one spoon
- green coriander 100 gram
- boiled potato 2 pieces
- green chili 2
- desi ghee 2 tbsp
- red chili half tsp
- garam masala half teaspoon
- asafoetida half teaspoon
- rock salt one teaspoon
- coriander powder one teaspoon
- cumin powder one teaspoon
How to make Matar Nimona
- Peel, wash and grind the peas in a mixer.
- Now grind coriander, green chillies and ginger garlic in a grinder and prepare a paste
- Small pieces of boiled potatoes Do this, also finely chop the tomatoes and onions and keep them aside.
- Now heat ghee in a pan, add half a teaspoon of cumin seeds and fry the potatoes and keep them aside.
- Now Put ghee again in the pan and add garlic ginger paste and fry it.
- After this add tomato and onion and fry it well.
- Also add cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder. Add and mix it well.
- Add coriander chili paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- After this, add green peas paste to it, add some water and bring it to medium. Cook on flame.
- Add rock salt, red chili and garam masala powder to it and let it cook on medium flame for 20 to 25 minutes.
- In the meanwhile add fried potatoes and Let it cook, as long as it cooks, it will become such a delicious Nimona.
- Now make a gas film, green peas Nimona is ready to serve.
- It can be served with hot rice. Or enjoy with roti
< li>Grind it coarsely and prepare a paste and keep it in a separate bowl.