NIA ACtion On PFI : The Indian Union Muslim League (IUML), a major ally of the Congress-led United Democratic Front (UDF) in Kerala, on Sunday (January 22) alleged that the Popular Front of India (PFI) In the name of action against, its innocent workers are being targeted.
IUML said that as part of the recovery proceedings against the arrested leaders of the banned PFI, the state government has confiscated the properties of innocent activists of IUML. The properties of PFI workers arrested in Kerala in connection with the destruction of public property in the violence that broke out during the PFI strike in September last year are being attached.
Allegations of shielding the real culprits
Two days after the Kerala High Court expressed displeasure over the government’s delay in implementing its order in this regard, recovery proceedings were initiated against those involved in the violence. On the government in the name of action against PFI “targeting innocent activists of IUML” Senior party leader PK Kunhalikutty alleged that during the strike “to save the real culprits involved in the violence”. This is being done for.
Meanwhile, State Revenue Minister K Rajan said on Sunday (January 22) that the work of attachment of properties of arrested PFI leaders would be completed by Monday. He said that the properties of those who damage public property can be attached only on the instructions of the court. The minister said that a report regarding the attachment process would be submitted before the High Court on Monday. Now the revenue recovery process to attach properties belonging to banned PFI leaders will be completed by Monday.
Directed to submit district-wise report by January 23
The process of attachment is being done as per the instructions of the High Court. A report in this regard will be presented before the High Court on Monday (January 23)." Rajan told the media in Kochi. This is being done under various provisions of the Revenue Recovery Act, he said.
On January 18, the High Court had directed the state government to complete the recovery and submit district-wise reports by January 23. Also said that there is no need to issue notice before taking recovery action.
The court has expressed displeasure over the delay as the state government had assured to complete the recovery by January 15 last month. The court noted that the damage to property during the violence in the state-wide hartal resulted in a loss of Rs 86 lakh.